Composed 24 Jan 1996 by Ginger
The official policy on @quota upgrades is as follows:
- New @quota will not be given for building that is not going to
be made public in some way.
- As our efforts in expansion should be towards building that
all of the MUCK can enjoy, additions in @quota will only be given
if you are planning to open your area to the public. Areas being
expanded for TinyPlots do qualify as "public", but it is suggested
that you @recycle rooms the TP is no longer using, or even use a
room morpher, before you ask for more @quota.
- New @quota will not be given if you currently have unfinished
building, floating or forgotten rooms, a great number of unlinked
exits, or otherwise bad building.
- The job of a builderwizard is to ensure that public building
is up to standard (see news
building_code). If you have unfinished building, you
should finish it before asking for more rooms to work on. If you
have lots of unlinked exits or undesced, floating rooms, you can
@recycle them rather than ask for more @quota.
- No @quota will be given out if the building involved does not
properly utilize the programs available to help reduce
- Several programs, such as the fake object program, are there
for you to help you use fewer real database items and thus help
control lag. If you are not using these programs, then you are
using more items than you need to be. Of course, this rule does
not apply if you do not have any building which could be replaced
using the appropriate or available programs.
- All the above rules are bendable, given good reason.
- Your friendly builderwizard is flexible. Explain why you want
something, and we'll see if we can work things out. In general,
however, this is only for very extenuating circumstances.
Don't count on being able to convince anyone that you need a 3,000
object @quota because your socks don't match.
Please direct @quota requests to the appropriate wizard. Current builderwiz and @quota
is Calico. You may request more @quota either via direct page or via page
#mail, but please include:
- What kind of @quota you want more of (rooms? exits?
- How much more @quota you want
- What you will be using the @quota for
- Three db#s of public rooms you own which may be checked for
return to the FT home page
return to the FT policies